Monday, September 19, 2011

A Review: Clean and Clear Advantage Blackhead Eraser Scrub


Cost: $6.96 CAD at Walmart.

My skin is combination (oily) and sensitive.

Claims: According to their website with this product you will, "See fewer blackheads in just two days! CLEAN & CLEAR® BLACKHEAD EARSER™ Scrub has unique exfoliating multi-action beads that work to gently remove the trapped dirt, oil, and dead skin that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Three sizes of multi-action beads allow surface exfoliation and a deep down clean. Salicylic Acid, an acne fighting medicine, clears blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming."

Actual Experience: I bought this product because it was a lot less expensive than my normal exfoliater by Aveda, which I purchase from a local spa. Both products have salicylic acid, so I thought to myself, "How different can they really be?". Well, with the Clean and Clear Advantage Blackhead Eraser Scrub my entire chin area peeled and flaked! There is obviously something in it that does not agree with my skin. I have done some research and there are other beauty bloggers who have had the exact same thing happen to them. I am returning it to Walmart this week and have already gone to the spa and repurchased my Aveda, Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant (liquid with no granuales). I will be doing a review on the Aveda product shortly, so stay tuned.

Buy or Avoid: Avoid like the plague! If you do decide to try it, then make sure to buy it somewhere that will allow you to return it in case you experience peeling or flaking.


This product was bought with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment